Top 10 Kid-Friendly Campgrounds in Georgia
Who is ready for a fun family vacation? Oh, you don’t think you have the budget for one? What if you could take the kids on a trip they will never forget and not spend an arm and a leg? Take them camping! That’s right. Camping is not the same as it used to be. Turns out that today’s campgrounds are more than just a primitive spot in the woods (although those can be fun too)! There are campgrounds now that feature amenities that you could only previously find in hotels or resorts. I’m talking about amenities like arcades, swimming pools, and water parks! I wasn’t kidding when I said the kids are going to love it!
The Top 10 Kid-Friendly Campgrounds in Georgia:
- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Bremen
- Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Bremen is a campground that kids’ dreams are made of! Here you will find the following amenities: 3 Playgrounds, gem mining, pedal carts, splash park, swimming pool, kiddie pool, train and wagon rides, an indoor theater, horseshoes, a reptile show, mini golf, a game room and more!
- Stone Mountain Park Campground
- The Stone Mountain Park Campground is full of family friendly fun! This campground will keep the kids busy with it’s playground, swimming pool, free wifi and cable, sand volleyball, a store and more! Plus, the campground is located just minutes from Great Stone Mountain Park.
- High Falls State Park
- In addition to the beautiful namesake falls located here, High Falls State Park has some super fun kid-friendly features such as a swimming pool, hiking trails, nature trails, playground, swimming pool, mini-golf, and a visitor’s center.
- Vogel State Park
- In addition to being one of the oldest parks in Georgia, Vogel State Park offers an incredible camping experience! The kids will love the exciting amenities like the playground, Geocaching opportunities, mini-golf, sandy beach swimming, bike rentals and hiking trails. If you and your kids are into watersports, you will be happy to learn that you can also rent paddle boards, kayaks, pedal boats and aqua cycles!
- Yonah Mountain Campground
- The Yonah Mountain Campground has awesome kid-friendly fun available to guests such as a clubhouse with wifi, playground, pet-friendly park,, swimming pool, kids’ activities, holiday events and even concerts!
- Calhoun A-OK Campground
- The Calhoun A-OK Campground is a super fun place for kids. Here you will find a swimming pool, a petting zoo, fishing pond (catch and release), mini golf, game room, gem mining, basketball, playground, pedal bike rentals, horseshoes, and even a restaurant w/delivery!
- Jekyll Island Campground
- In addition to all of the awesome activities that can be enjoyed on Jekyll Island (skating, water park, biking, parks, turtle center, etc), the Jekyll Island Campground features kid-friendly activities like a community room, basketball court, pickleball courts, bike rentals and more!
- Victoria Bryant State Park
- Kids of all ages will love Victoria Bryant State Park. Here you will find amenities such as 3 different playgrounds, a swimming pool, a visitor’s center, 2 ponds, and more. Nearby you will find an archery center, golf course, boating, biking, hiking and more.
- Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA Holiday
- The Lookout Mtn. / Chattanooga West KOA Holiday features awesome kid-friendly amenities like a swimming pool, a jumping pad, gemstone panning, pet playground and obstacle course, outdoor bowling, mini-marshmallow shooting gallery, playground, disc golf field.
- River Bend Campground
- The River Bend Campground is great for family vacations for the fishing enthusiast! You will find a swimming pool, a playground, horseshoes, recreational area with sports courts, a clubhouse and more. Additionally, River Bend is located directly on the Hiawassee River, which is great for fishing!
Like this list or know a campground we need to add? I would love to hear from you.
If you feel like traveling, make sure you check out my article about the Top 10 Kid-Friendly Campgrounds in Alabama.
Please follow and like us: