Fun 3D Christmas Tree CookiesThe holiday season means sweet treats, especially Christmas cookies. Want to try a twist on the holiday favorite of sugar cookie cut-outs? Check out these adorable 3D Christmas Tree cookies that are fun and easy to make. Think of it as a 2 for 1: an arts and crafts project and a fun baking activity. It is sure to be fun for the whole family.
- 1 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 C. flour
- green frosting (I used Pillsbury funfetti)
- holiday sprinkles
- candy stars
- 3 star shaped cookie cutters (small, medium and large)
- star frosting tip
- disposable piping bag
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine the softened butter. Whip until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extra and egg, continue to mix.
- Sift in the 3 cups of flour and baking powder.
- The mixture will be stiff so use your hands to finish mixing, if needed.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 smaller batches.
- *Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick.
- Use the star cookie cutters to cut the same number of stars in each size.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2" a part.
- Place the cookies in the oven.
- Set a timer for 3-4 minutes and remove the cookie sheet from the oven and remove the smallest stars from the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven.
- Set the timer for another 2 minutes and then remove the medium size stars.
- Place the cookie sheet back into the oven for the large stars to finish baking another 2-3 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool.
- Attach the frosting tip to the disposable piping bag and fill with frosting.
- Starting with the largest star, generously frost each cookie and stack from largest to smallest.
- Top the small star cookie with frosting, add a star and holiday sprinkles.
- Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
Pin for Later:
Please follow and like us: