Protein Packed Bacon & Egg Breakfast CupsWe've all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but busy mornings sometimes make it tricky. I know I have been guilty of giving the kids a baggie of cereal to eat in the car on the way to school. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a protein packed breakfast that you can make ahead. You will first start out by preheating the oven to 400 and cooking your bacon until it is crispy. You can also do this on the stovetop if you prefer. Once the bacon is cooked, lay it on a paper towel to drain and cool. Chop it into small pieces once it is cool. Set the oven to 350 and grease a 12 count muffin pan. Add the chopped bacon pieces to the muffin pan cups. In a large mixing bowl, crack 12 eggs and add salt and pepper. Whisk these ingredients together. Next, you will add the cheddar cheese to the bowl and continue to mix until it is distributed throughout the egg mixture. Take your greased muffin pan, and fill each of the 12 cups with your egg and bacon mixture. Place it in your preheated oven (at 350) for 20-25 minutes, and then you're done. Could it get any easier?
- 12 eggs
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook your bacon. You can do this on the stove top or in the oven.
- I like to bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Once it's done, let it cool and place on paper towel to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack all 12 eggs.
- Add in salt and pepper.
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, and continue to mix together.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Chop up the bacon and place a few pieces in each muffin cup.
- Fill each cup with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Makes 12 bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast cups.
Please follow and like us: