Own Rogue One: A Star Wars Story“Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” is the first of the Star Wars standalone films. It has established its place within the Star Wars universe and the hearts of moviegoers, becoming the seventh highest-grossing film of all time in the United States. Fans can own the epic action-adventure thriller early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on March 24, and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on April 4.
Mini Movie Summary of Rogue One:I received a free copy of this movie, but all opinions are my own. We were excited to get a glimpse of Rogue One since we've seen all of the previously released Star Wars titles. This movie is a bridge between the prequels and the original 3 movies, tying up loose ends and questions you might still have had. We are introduced to Jyn and her parents, the Ersos, right before the father is kidnapped by the Empire and taken to continue working on the Death Star. The movie jumps ahead a few years, and Jyn is recruited by the Alliance to find her father and stop him from finalizing that same weapon. A reluctant Jyn joins a unique group of rebels including Cassian "The Spy," K2SO "The Droid," Bodhi "The Pilot," Baze & Chirrut "Guardians of the Whills." This lovable ragtag gang of rebels sets off to discover the secret to destroying the Death Star using The Force, humor, and epic battle scenes.
Semi-Spoiler Alert:Do not get attached to any particular characters! I was a bit devastated and shocked by the end of the movie; but I will let you see what I mean for yourself.
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea: Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept; and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel: Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor. Hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy: Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character.
- K-2SO: The Droid: Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid. Journey from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills: Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary: Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire: Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor: See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues: Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future.
- Rogue Connections: Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe. * Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Social Media & Websites:Star Wars Website Star Wars Rogue One Facebook Page Star Wars Rogue One Twitter Page Star Wars Rogue One Instagram Page Star Wars Rogue One YouTube Page
Please follow and like us: